Hey girl, hey!
So of course, it's expected that some days we will have more money to spend than others. So what's a girl to do on those days when you and your bank account are not in agreement? Below I have listed 5 things that I like to do when my account tells me to "have a seat".
1. Explore your city! I guarantee that even if you've been in the same city your whole life, there are things you haven't discovered about your home town. Or maybe you've moved to new spot and haven't had time to explore just yet. Personally, I've been trying to brush up on my photography skills lately and on a day of exploring my current city of residence, Dallas, TX, I came across this beautiful wall art and just had to take a picture (see above). So now is your time to put on your walking shoes and get to exploring! Grab a friend (or go by yourself), take pictures, and have a blast!
2. Read More! The old saying "Reading is Fundamental" still holds true today... whether it's articles online, a digital book or a good 'ol traditional hardback book. Reading is free and the kicker is you might actually learn something you didn't know! So find an old book you have laying around or start perusing the internet. Who knows what you may find!
3. Organize Your Closet! Okay ladies, now let's get in... organization?! Alright, maybe my Beyonce reference was slightly lame but still, what better way to spend some down time and not have to spend a dime. Instead of buying more and more clothes that will only lead to clutter, purging may just be the thing for you. Once all the old, outdated, and ill-fitting clothes are gone, you can make room for stylish new pieces that can withstand the test of time... and guess what?! You could possibly find a new outfit or two by just shopping within your closet. Trust me, I've done it myself!
4. Try a New Recipe! Over time I have compiled a makeshift "recipe book" using different recipes I find online. One thing you'll learn about me is that I am an avid researcher. (Seriously!... Google is my best friend) So with new foods that I try and love, I'll do my best to re-create it by simply googling a recipe. Being a native Texan, my go-to food is always Tex-Mex but just recently, I learned to make a really delicious Slow Cooker Shrimp Étouffée courtesy of ClosetCooking.com (Thanks Kevin!). And guess what... It came out bomb! I definitely impressed myself and my fiancé, whose a very picky eater. This one's a keeper for the recipe book, for sure, but the best part of it all is that cooking at home requires waaay less money spent than eating out (especially if you're anything like me, a drink or two will definitely be on the bill at the end of the night)! Check the recipe out here and yes, that picture down there came straight from my kitchen! RELATED: Beef Up Savings By Cooking At Home!
5. Have an At-Home Spa Day! C'mon! W'e're all ladies here right?! So trust me, I understand a girl needing to get that spa pedicure after walking around in work shoes all week. Or maybe that massage will help work out those stressed-related shoulder kinks, but girl, if your spending funds are low, those luxuries are not currently a reality. But... It's not the end of the world. You could call up some of your girlfriends and ask them to bring over some of the beauty products they have laying around their house. You mix yours with theirs and... viola! Finally a spa day that doesn't blow your budget! For an added touch, you could grab a little wine and play some spa music to make it feel more authentic. There's nothing like relaxing and bonding with friends (or alone) without having to spend a lot of money.... that's priceless! RELATED: No-Spend Weekend... Are You Up for the Challenge?
So whether your funds are low or you just don't want to spend a lot of money at the moment, there are still ways to have a good time without breaking the bank. Try out some of these ideas and let me know how they work out for you! Until next time, Elle